Airlie to Charters Towers
Up the road and we soon hit Blowen Bowen. It wasn’t that gusty stuff either. Honestly I was leaning toward the coast in order to ride straight for quite a while.
The rest of the ride reminded me that we were back in the tropics. Hot and muggy. Needles to say the leathers are damn stinky after 5 days and we can’t wait to get home.
But I’ve made some interesting discoveries:
1. With the tank bag on, full left lock sets off the horn and full right lock engages the starter,
2. The wife must have nuts in her head to sit behind me for 5 days straight,
3. After day 3 my back and neck muscles stopped aching, (but not my ass unfortunately)
4. The ST1300 is quite an accomplished bike for its size and is very comfortable even after 2985km in 5 days.
5. No matter where it is, there’s no place like home.
OK so the cousins are clean and reunited, till the next road trip.
Until then – Live the Dream.